One of the things that Bill discussed was in this day when people have so many choices, that we need to remind people why they should be coming to church. Gone are the days when the majority of people come to 4 services a month.
So without further chitter chatter, here are 5 (certainly not the only 5!) reasons that we should go to church:
- Our Lord and Leader was in a worship community every 7 days. Luk 4:16 ALT (16) And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And He entered, according to His custom, on the day of the Sabbaths into the synagogue, and He stood up to read aloud [the Scriptures].
- The New Testament instructs us to. Heb 10:24-25 ALT (24) And let us be considering one another for [the] stimulation of love and of good works, (25) not abandoning [or, neglecting] the assembling together of ourselves, as [is the] habit of some, _but_ encouraging [one another], and so much more as you* see the Day approaching.
- God speaks uniquely in the corporate setting.
- Every time that we participate in a worship service we encourage others who are there.
- We are leaving a legacy to our children and grandchildren.
What are some of your 'reasons' for coming to church?
I'd love to hear your thoughts
Godspeed & Kaizan